Business Development Manager
£30,000 with OTE of £60,000 uncapped + Annual skiing incentive
How this role fits into our team?
This is a great opportunity for someone talented to join a fast growing technology business at an exciting stage of its development. A competitive nature and can do attitude is also something we value here at Concert and we are looking for dedicated, results driven, outgoing and ambitious business development people to join our exciting team.
As a Business Development Manager you will report to the Director of Business Development and work closely with our new business, account management and marketing team.
In a fast growing company there are always lots of balls to juggle, so you must have the ability to prioritise workload, manage multiple prospects, opportunities and partners. We can’t stand still and must always be improving, so someone who wants to grow and develop with us will fit in just fine.
We’re a small company, so being efficient is key to ensuring we achieve a lot and therefore being well versed in the use and exploitation of Marketing and CRM systems to support your sales activities is crucial.
What you’ll be doing…
We need you to identify, establish contact and build relationships with new companies in order to close new business. You will be responsible for lead generation, accurate sales forecasting and professional proposal generation.
You will prospect, qualify, nurture, scope, negotiate and close business whilst demonstrating the ability to represent the company and interact at any level within the customers’ organisation.
Networking and building relationships within target prospects in order to understand key decision makers, and how we can help them deliver against their business objectives is crucial.
Working closely with the provisioning team to monitor post-sale and on boarding stages, you will then provide an effective handover of the customer to the Account Management team as well as all necessary stakeholders.
- Deliver against key performance indicators as well as personal/team/company objectives
- Build and maintain a solid and robustly qualified personal/pipeline of sales opportunities within assigned industry verticals
- Develop and sustain a network of contacts and key individuals within assigned verticals and target markets
- Collect and understand target client requirements, building commercial propositions based on Capex , Opex and other commercial needs to gain competitive advantage in the sales process.
- Take a customer centric and customer first approach, by understanding their business, their culture, how they interface with their customers and what strategic objectives they have.
- Build and maintain a strong technical and commercial understanding of key Concert product propositions particularly: Hosted Voice and Unified Comms, Internet Connectivity and WAN/LAN networks, Hosting and Cloud Data Services.
Preferred Skills, Experiences and Behaviours…
- 5 years’ successful experience of working within a B2B services environment, preferably in technology
- Ability to lead the sales processes end-to-end and manage multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience selling directly to senior decision makers in SMB customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- A self starter with the commitment and drive to achieve
- A strong ability with Microsoft Office and CRM systems
You must: live within a commutable distance of Winsford, Cheshire.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors
- Ability to work independently is important but a team ethic is vital and you’ll collaborate effectively where necessary with colleagues and partners
- You will have a genuine passion for customer experience, technology and ROI models
- Committed to a customer focused approach
- You must be a proven high achiever, outgoing, confident and willing to roll up your sleeves to play an important part in a growing and extraordinary, forward thinking company within the communications arena